Website Accessibility Statement
This statement covers the following website: https://eversleyparishcouncil.co.uk/
Using this website
This website is managed and owned by Eversley Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software and
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also tried to make the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille please contact the Clerk:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone – 01252 876 924
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in within 20 days (but usually sooner).
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or you think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements please contact the Clerk.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) at https://www.equalityadvisoryservice.com/
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Eversley Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1, due to ‘the exemptions’ listed below.
the exemptions’ The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reason.
- Some older PDFs may not be fully accessible to screen reader software.
- Some externally supplied, PDFs may not be fully compliant. We have no control over these documents.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
The following are currently exempt from the Accessibility regulations:
- Third party content under someone else’s control.
- Many of our older PDF documents may not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix old minutes. However, if there is a particular document you need converting please let us know and if at all possible we will update it.
- Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 4 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 8 September 2020.
This website was last tested on 1 September 2020. The test was carried out by Simple Creative Marketing Limited and ourselves.
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test (We tested all pages on our website).
We will review the website on an annual basis and update any changes as and when required.